Counselling can be an effective way to address personal issues, emotional struggles, and mental health concerns. However, one of the most common questions that people have when considering counselling is: “How much will it cost?” In this blog post, we will explore the factors that influence the cost of counselling and provide information on the average costs of counselling in different settings.
Factors that Influence the Cost of Counselling
The cost of counselling can vary depending on a range of factors, including the location, the type of counselling, the experience and qualifications of the counsellor, and the duration and frequency of the sessions. Here are some of the main factors that can influence the cost of counselling:
- Location: Counselling services may be more expensive in urban areas compared to rural areas due to the higher cost of living.
- Type of Counselling: Different types of counselling, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), psychoanalysis, and family therapy, may have different fees.
- Experience and Qualifications of the Counsellor: The more experience and qualifications a counsellor has, the higher the fees may be.
- Duration and Frequency of Sessions: The length and frequency of sessions can affect the overall cost of counselling.
Average Costs of Counselling in Different Settings
The cost of counselling can vary depending on the type of service and the location. Here are some of the average costs of counselling in different settings:
- Private Counselling: Private counselling services can range from KES 3,000 to KES 10,000 per session, depending on the experience and qualifications of the counsellor.
- Government and NGO Counselling: Government and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) may offer counselling services at reduced rates or for free.
- Online Counselling: Online counselling services can range from KES 2,000 to KES 5,000 per session, depending on the platform and the counsellor’s experience.
- Group Counselling: Group counselling sessions can range from KES 1,000 to KES 5,000 per session, depending on the number of participants and the location.
- School Counselling: Some schools may offer counselling services to their students for free or at a reduced rate.
Call to Action
If you are considering counselling, it is important to do your research and find a counsellor who is qualified and experienced. At our counselling center, we offer affordable and professional counselling services in Kenya. Whether you prefer face-to-face counselling or online counselling, we can help you address your concerns and achieve your goals. To book a session, please visit our website or call us at +254-741-112-3944. We look forward to helping you on your journey towards emotional well-being.